In recent times, file sharing is done frequently on the internal servers, websites or through Instant Messaging service. Due to availability of various services on personal devices like smart phones it has become challenging for the organization to secure the sensitive information. Even unprotected Windows networking shares can be exploited by intruders in an automated way. Companies can follow below guidelines to protect themselves from data breach:
- Protecting your computer against malicious file sharing tools and websites
- Domain checking of the website for authenticity and then allowing permission to transfer data
- Downloading data from trusted sites
- Save downloads instead of running them from pop up window
- Checking license agreement and privacy statement before installing any software
- Avoiding illegal downloads
- Don’t open mail from unknown sources
- Don’t share your computer access
- Regularly update your security software with the patches
- Check your security on regular basis
- Don’t open your IM on public list
- Never send sensitive information or files like credit card numbers, SSN’s etc on IM
- Secure your IM by contacting security admin regularly
- Highly social nature of IM helps imposters to get information
- Beware of sharing your personal as well as company information with strangers
Alertsec strengthens security
Alertsec has created a web based encryption service that radically simplifies deployment and management of PC encryption by using industry leading Check Point Full Disk Encryption (former Pointsec) software.
Organizations, especially corporate giants, have to have an information security policy in place that proves they have taken necessary steps and measures to safeguard the information they gathered. If these policies are not adhered to, the regulators may prosecute.
Alertsec Xpress is used by organizations that have recognized the need to protect their information. Customers range from single-user sole traders and consultants to multinational companies with a large number of offices around the globe. Over 4 million users worldwide use Alertsec Xpress’s Check Point Full Disk Encryption.