Biometrics and multi-factor screen authentication are two ways to access sensitive enterprise systems via mobile devices. Security plays a larger role in the mobile devices used in our daily lives. Todays authentication is evolving tech with more and more security layers being added.
Biometric authentication is a system that relies on the unique biological characteristics which includes retina, voice, fingerprint, signature of individuals to verify identity for secure access to mobile systems.
- With biometrics for authentication, user never has problem of forgotten password.
- It is easy to use
- It is reliable
- It includes high level of dependencies in your organization
- It is expensive and inconvenient, as initial provisioning of users requires a tamper-proof process to link identity and biometric data
- Employees may no longer be able to login from devices other than their company-issued devices
Adaptive multi-factor authentication (MFA) in the mobile device uses a systems like user name, password.
- It limits the hacker’s possibilities to compromise the system
- Employees can always carry their device with them
- It has painful enrollment process
It has still some level of dependency, with users relying on a modem or Web dispatch service to function and send codes.
Get your personal as well as office laptops encrypted by Alertsec
Unencrypted laptops present a major risk of data loss. 80% of information theft is due to lost or stolen laptops and other equipment. About 50% of network intrusions are performed with credentials gathered from lost or stolen devices. The penalties for a data breach are severe not only in terms of the monetary fines imposed on the organization, but also the potential loss of trust from customers and suppliers. Encryption software greatly enhances the security of your organization’s data as the information is not compromised if a laptop is lost or stolen.
Alertsec is the full disk encryption service that delivers a mobile data protection system for all information stored on laptops used throughout your organization.