With the evolving technology, the healthcare security is major issue which needs due attention. Many healthcare organizations are wary of using services like big data, mobility and cloud technology mainly because of security concerns. Dell recently surveyed around 2,000 global organizations which confirm that numerous industries are not using evolving technologies because of security consideration. According to the survey:
- 44 percent of IT decision makers consider security the biggest barrier for expanding mobility technologies
- 52 percent of respondents said it was a hindrance to using cloud computing
- 35 percent of surveyed IT decision makers said that security was a barrier for leveraging big data
- 30 percent of respondents said they have the right information available to make risk-based decisions.
- One in four organizations said they have a plan in place for all types of security breaches
- 43 percent of respondents said that security resources are primarily spent on protecting against hackers
- 37 percent reported that adhering to compliance regulations were the primary security expenditure
“Despite mounting security risks and increased reliance on the Internet and technology to run their businesses, many small and midsize organizations are underprepared to deal with today’s security threats, let alone those of the future,” SMB Group Partner Laurie McCabe said in a statement. “These companies know that disruptive technologies like cloud, mobility and big data can drive innovation and create competitive advantage. But it’s often difficult for them to take a strategic approach and overcome security concerns in order to fully harness the potential.”
Alertsec strengthens security
Alertsec has created a web based encryption service that radically simplifies deployment and management of PC encryption by using industry leading Check Point Full Disk Encryption (former Pointsec) software.
Organizations, especially corporate giants, have to have an information security policy in place that proves they have taken necessary steps and measures to safeguard the information they gathered. If these policies are not adhered to, the regulators may prosecute.
Alertsec Xpress is used by organizations that have recognized the need to protect their information. Customers range from single-user sole traders and consultants to multinational companies with a large number of offices around the globe. Over 4 million users worldwide use Alertsec Xpress’s Check Point Full Disk Encryption.